At Southern California Hospital at Culver City, our ability to facilitate a positive patient experience is an important part of delivering high quality healthcare. Patient experience encompasses the range of interactions that patients have with doctors, nurses, and staff at the hospital.
We are dedicated to ensuring that your stay at our hospital is comfortable, positive and healing. Our patients have the right to receive care that is respectful of and responsive to individual preferences, needs and values.
If you encounter an obstacle to care, we request that you ask to speak to the nursing supervisor or one of our Patient Ambassadors so we can resolve your concerns quickly. Our ambassadors can be reached at (310) 836-7000 ext. 1234. Our supervisors and ambassadors also welcome any compliments about any member of our hospital team.
Our patient experience services include the following:
- Assisting patients in understanding the healthcare environment
- Serving as a conduit among our staff, patients and families
- Assisting with resolving concerns related to care and communication
- Helping with the investigation, resolution and documentation of patient concerns
- Responding to patients in a timely manner
- Making recommendations for improvements based on patient feedback
- Providing information to patients about internal and external resources
- Providing positive feedback to any staff that is complimented
Our goal is to ensure that you receive safe, high-quality and compassionate care and service. If we are not meeting your expectations, please discuss your concerns while you’re onsite so we can work to resolve them.
After discharge, some patients may receive a telephone call to evaluate their experience of care at our Culver City hospital. The survey, called Hospital Consumer Assessment of Healthcare Providers and Systems (HCAHPS), asks questions about communication with providers, discharge planning, the hospital environment, and the patient’s overall experience. Results are reported to the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) and are publicly available to consumers with the goal of improving quality of care.