The respiratory system consists of a series of organs that take in oxygen and expel carbon dioxide. Since the body needs oxygen to sustain itself, respiratory conditions that cause shortness of breath and other breathing problems require the highest quality of care.
Southern California Hospital at Culver City is nationally recognized by Healthgrades for our pulmonary care as we are a Five-Star Recipient for Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD) for 17 years in a row (2003-2019). In addition, we are among the top 10% in the nation for Overall Pulmonary Services for 14 years (2005-2018). Read more about our pulmonary clinical accolades.
Southern California Hospital at Culver City provides the full range of diagnostic services and treatment for patients with pulmonary conditions. Our board-certified pulmonologists perform a series of tests to assess respiratory illness and breathing capacity to find out the cause of the breathing problems.
Our team of pulmonary experts treat inpatients and outpatients with conditions ranging from acute illnesses to chronic respiratory diseases, including the following:
- Chronic bronchitis
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD)
- Cystic fibrosis
- Lung cancer
- Occupational lung disease
- Pulmonary fibrosis
- Pulmonary hypertension
- Sleep apnea
- Smoking cessation
For those patients who require specialized care, our respiratory therapy technicians provide personalized planning, evaluation, and treatment on an as-needed basis. Our respiratory therapy department is fully accredited by the College of American Pathologists (CAP), an organization that helps to ensure that clinical laboratories around the country maintain high standards and accuracy.
The services provided by our pulmonary services team, include:
- Administration of medical gases (except anesthesia)
- Aerosol breathing treatments
- Mechanical ventilator management support, including non-invasive ventilation
- Pulmonary function testing
- Bronchopulmonary hygiene
- Maintenance of natural airways
- Insertion and maintenance of artificial airways
- Patient instruction and education for maintaining healthy respiration
- Bedside monitoring of pulmonary function
- Arterial blood gas collection and analysis
- Intermittent positive pressure breathing
Our hospital is conveniently located in the heart of Culver City between Venice and Culver boulevards at 3828 Delmas Terrace. We can be reached at (310) 836-7000 ext. 3967.